[Linganth] experience with IRB approving use of WhatsApp for data collection?

Steven Patrick Black sblack at gsu.edu
Tue Jul 30 18:32:43 UTC 2024

Hey Lynnette and Ling Anth friends,
I don’t have experience with this but I do kind of maybe remember someone on this listserv previously writing about some app that could be used for journaling/ data collection? You might also try writing to Lise Dobrin (ld4n at virginia.edu<mailto:ld4n at virginia.edu>) who I believe is still in charge of an ad hoc ethics advisory board comprised of former chairs of the Committee on Ethics for the AAA (before that committee was disbanded) (full disclosure, I’m on that advisory board). If you write with a query Lise will collect the responses of the group (which includes a number of really experienced experts on ethics) and send you a response!
Take care,
Steve

Steven P. Black
Professor and Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Anthropology
Georgia State University