summary: Humorous Antonymic Nicknames

Raffaele Simone simone at UNIROMA3.IT
Tue Dec 1 13:52:22 UTC 2009

Caveat: in any case, it is evident that the majority of the cases pointed at
or mentioned in connection with our query have not to do with languages but
more precisely to the social uses of languages -- which is completely
different. Accordingly one canno say that such and such fact is "typical to"
Italian, Bosniac, etc., but just to the linguistic habits of those speaking
those languages.
I think it would be necessary to ascertain which cases of antiphrastic
designations are really lexicalized, namely converted into language facts.
Best,
Raffaele Simone

http://raffaelesimone.blogspot.com/
=======================
Dipartimento di Linguistica
Università Roma Tre
Via Ostiense 236
I-00146 Roma
tel. +[39](06)5733 8343
fax  +[39](06)5733 8344
Attività e pubblicazioni // Activity and publications
http://host.uniroma3.it/dipartimenti/linguistica/doc_simone.html
http://host.uniroma3.it/laboratori/triple/