FYI: Re-edition of a Vartashen Udi text (on-line)

Wolfgang Schulze W.Schulze at LRZ.UNI-MUENCHEN.DE
Sat Jan 16 17:46:07 UTC 2010

Dear friends,
for all those interested in usage-based language data from an East
Caucasian language: I have prepared a re-edition of the Vartashen Udi
folktale 'The Grateful Dead' (/Shükübarkala P'urio/) once published by
Adolf Dirr in 1928 (A. Dirr 1929. Udische Texte./ Caucasica/ 5:60-72,
here pp. 60-67). The text contains some 1.100 word tokens and is thus
one of the few longer texts available for Vartashen Udi. My presentation
includes a slightly (!) revised version of the text (tested with a
Vartashen Udi speaker), a rather literal translation, a fully glossed
interlinear version as well as an Udi-English and an English-Udi word
index (including frequency counts of both lexemes and morphemes). The
re-edition is available from the following link:
http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/~wschulze/WS0910/danktot1.pdf (0,6 MB, PDF).
Comments and critics welcome!
Best wishes,
Wolfgang
--

*Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schulze *

/Primary contact: /

Institut für Allgemeine & Typologische Sprachwissenschaft

Dept. II / F 13

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München

Ludwigstraße 25

Postanschrift / Postal address: Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1

D-80539 München

Tel.: 0049-(0)89-2180-2486 (Secretary)

          0049-(0)89-2180-5343 (Office)

Fax:  0049-(0)89-2180-16567 // 0049-(0)89-2180-5345

Email: W.Schulze at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
<mailto:W.Schulze at lrz.uni-muenchen.de> /// Wolfgang.Schulze at lmu.de
<mailto:Wolfgang.Schulze at lmu.de>

Web: http://www.ats.uni-muenchen.de/personen/professoren/schulze/index.html

http://www.wolfgangschulze.in-devir.com

/Second contact: /

Katedra Germanistiký

Fakulta humanitných vied

Univerzita Mateja Béla / Banská Bystrica

Tajovského 40

SK-97401 Banská Bystrica

Tel: (00421)-(0)48-4465108

Fax: (00421)-(0)48-4465512