Expression of threat

Kulikov, L.I. L.Kulikov at HUM.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Sun Jan 17 22:05:17 UTC 2010

Dear Alexander,

There is a paper which deals, in particular, with this type of meaning
and the means of its expression --
foremost in Russian, but, also, in some other languages:

Mel'chuk, I.A. "Un affixe derivationnel et un phraseme syntaxique du
russe moderne: Essai de description
formelle". Revue des etudes slaves 59 (1987): 631-648.

See also some further discussion (and more references) in:

Kulikov, L.I. & N.R. Sumbatova. "Through the looking-glass, and how
causatives look there". In: B.Comrie & M.Polinsky (eds), Causatives and
transitivity. (Studies in language companion series; 23). Amsterdam:
Benjamins, 1993, pp. 330ff.

Best,
Leonid