A new book : A l=?utf-8?Q?=C3=ADngua_?=dos Yuhupdeh

Alexandra Aikhenvald a.y.aikhenvald at LIVE.COM
Fri Jun 15 06:33:27 UTC 2012

Dear colleagues,

it gives me a great pleasure to announce a new book which has just been linked to our LCRC site. This is a comprehensive dictionary, and ethnography of the Yuhup, a Makú group from north-western Amazonia, with substantial elements of grammar, by Cácio and Elisângela Silva, entitled

'A língua dos Yuhupdeh: introdução etnolínguística, dicionário Yuhup-Português e glossário semântico-gramatical 'A língua dos Yuhupdeh: introdução etnolínguística, dicionário Yuhup-Português e glossário semântico-gramatical'

This is available at
https://eresearch.jcu.edu.au/spaces/TLA/languages-and-cultures-of-the-tropics-and-surrounding-areas/south-america/yuhupdeh

You could write to Cácio Silva ‎[caciosilva at caciosilva.com.br]‎; or Elisângela Silva ‎[li at caciosilva.com.br]‎ if you would like a hard copy of this book.

Best wishes

Alexandra Y. Aikhenvald, PhD, DLitt, FAHA
Distinguished Professor and Research Leader (People and Societies of the Tropics)
Director of the Language and Culture Research Centre
The Cairns Institute, James Cook University
PO Box 6811, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia
http://www.jcu.edu.au/sass/staff/JCUPRD_043649.html
 mobile 0400 305315, office 61-7-40421117
fax 61-7-4042 1880  http//www.aikhenvaldlinguistics.com
https://eresearch.jcu.edu.au/spaces/TLA