query: grammaticalization go/be.in > negation

Alexander Coupe ARCoupe at NTU.EDU.SG
Fri Feb 1 01:54:42 UTC 2013

A relevant paper discusses the use of ‘go’ in Thai for encoding negative outcomes.

Gandour, Jack. 1978a. On the deictic use of verbs of motion come and go in Thai. Anthropological Linguistics 20.9:381-394.

Alec

---

Alexander R. Coupe, Ph.D. | Assistant Professor | Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies | Nanyang Technological University
HSS-03-56, 14 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 637332
Tel: (65) 6592-1567 GMT+8h | Fax: (65) 6795-6525 | Email: arcoupe at ntu.edu.sg<mailto:arcoupe at ntu.edu.sg> | Web: http://www.ntu.edu.sg/HSS/Linguistics<http://www.ntu.edu.sg/HSS/Linguistics/Pages/default.aspx>
Editor
Linguistics of the Tibeto-Burman Area
http://stedt.berkeley.edu/ltba/
ltba.email at gmail.com<mailto:ltba.email at gmail.com>