Complementizers for reported speech

Don Killian donald.killian at HELSINKI.FI
Thu Feb 28 14:19:00 UTC 2013

Dear Kilu,

This topic has been addressed rather thoroughly for Africa by Tom
Güldemann in his work Quotative indexes in African languages (MDG 2008).
  His focus is not solely on complementizers which are restricted
exclusively to verbs of saying, but this topic is definitely addressed,
as well as historical origins and extensions of these types of
complementizers.  The book also has a large amount of typological
comparisons to other languages in the world outside of Africa, so it
could be a good starting point for further references.

All the best,

Don

--
Don Killian