Caveat emptor

Johannes Reese johannesreese at GMX.DE
Tue Sep 17 09:07:51 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

restricting PhD programs: Isn't that rather late? When you start your
PhD, you have already spent many years of studying. Then you shall be
told it was all worthless? Shouldn't we "discourage" students at a much
earlier date of their study, maybe before they get their B.A.? There are
not a lot of professional options these days you get with a B.A. or M.A.
in linguistics, are there? Some counterexamples?

Johannes