[Lingtyp] Call for papers: ALT 11 Theme session "Morphosyntax of proper names - a typological perspective"

Johannes Helmbrecht Johannes.Helmbrecht at sprachlit.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Nov 6 15:25:48 UTC 2014

Dear typologists,

we plan to propose a theme session to the program committee of the next ALT
conference (ALT 11) in Albuquerque. The general topic of our theme session are
proper names, more specifically anthroponyms. Proper names are a neglected
category of referential expressions in typology. Not much is known about the
diversity of the formation and grammatical coding of proper name phrases in the
languages of the world. A more detailed description of the theme session is
attached to this mail. We invite short proposals (abstracts) for this panel
until November 20. If you have questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Best,
Johannes Helmbrecht

Address of organizers:

Johannes Helmbrecht (Chair)
Christian Rapold (Assistant Professor)
Corinna Handschuh (Researcher)
University of Regensburg, Germany
General and Comparative Linguistics
Universitätsstrasse 31
D-93053 Regensburg, Germany
E-mail: johannes.helmbrecht at sprachlit.uni-regensburg.de
	Christian.Rapold at sprachlit.uni-regensburg.de
	Corinna.Handschuh at sprachlit.uni-regensburg.de

--

Professor Dr. Johannes Helmbrecht
Lehrstuhl für Allgemeine und Vergleichende Sprachwissenschaft

Tel. 0941/943-3388
Tel. 0941/943-3387 (Sekretariat)
Fax. 0941/943-2429

Website: