[Lingtyp] How the Light Gets In 2015

Everett, Daniel DEVERETT at bentley.edu
Thu Apr 2 13:52:20 UTC 2015

Coinciding with the world-famous literary conference in Hay-on-Wye each year is the largest philosophy, music, arts festival, How the Light Gets In, also in Hay-on-Wye, Wales.

People around Wales at this time might find (almost certainly would find) this conference a fun and worthwhile experience. Language and tribal groups are among the themes. I attach three links here. One provides information on the debate this year between me, John Searle, and Hilary Lawson. The other is a debate with Nancy Cartwright (philosopher), George Ellis (physicist), and me on Truth. There are many other debates and presentations of interest to linguists of all types.

— Dan

https://howthelightgetsin.iai.tv

https://howthelightgetsin.iai.tv/events/beyond-words/

http://iai.tv/video/ultimate-proof?utm_source=Institute+of+Art+and+Ideas&utm_campaign=42035ff42c-IAI+Weekly+Newsletter+02%2F04%2F15&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_33593fe9fa-42035ff42c-47045509#