[Lingtyp] Technology standards in conflict with linguistic standards

Everett, Daniel DEVERETT at bentley.edu
Mon Jul 6 13:29:41 UTC 2015

Wrt the larger issue, Grev, about things being "the same" I am not so sanguine. Many people think there is a passive construction that is universal but I think that is mistaken. I am more concerned about over homogenization of typological/descriptive terms than LaTeX. But I am sure you are too. The problem is when people begin thinking that there are "same contructions" - this can become self-fulfilling. Not always perhaps.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone