[Lingtyp] coordination and predicate negation

Alexander Letuchiy alexander_letuchiy at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 6 13:33:52 UTC 2015

Dear Matthew,
Thanks!

Sure, I also consider that the reason for English is the presence of the auxiliary. However, what I want is to try to think of it a bit broader: is it true that an English-like situation is never observed in languages without an auxiliary? If yes, what does it tell us of the negation syntax? If no, what is the difference between Russian and some other languages where negation can be expressed once?