[Lingtyp] A request

Anuradha Sudharsan asudharsan at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 04:40:41 UTC 2015

  Dear colleague
If you are a speaker of Serbo-Croatian, could you please comment on the acceptability/unacceptability of the following sentences.
  1  To     što   John kasni me brine.
     Dem Comp J is_being_late me.acc worries
     That J is being late worries me
 2.Brine me što John kasni.
     worries me.acc Comp J is_being_late
    It worries me that John is being late.

Secondly, I would appreciate it if you could translate the following sentences into Serbo-Croatian and gloss every word?
3. I know that Jack is dishonest.4. [John told his wife [that [that Mary married Bill secretly] is known to her father]]]

Sentence (4) doesn't sound acceptable(to me). Would the corresponding sentence in Serbo-Croatian be ok?Pl. note: the clause "that Mary married Bill secretly"  is the subject of "is known". Can the corresponding clause in Serbo-Croatian also appear in the subject position of the embedded clause? .
I am trying to send this email to all members of ALT. I don't know if I am sending it to the correct email ID.
Thank you very much.
ASMs. Anuradha SudharsanIndia