[Lingtyp] DLAP-1 second call for papers

Peter Austin pa2 at soas.ac.uk
Thu Jun 25 09:57:41 UTC 2015

2nd Call for Papers: Documentary Linguistics - Asian Perspectives (DLAP-1)
6-9th April 2016, The University of Hong Kong

The field of Language Documentation and Description (LDD) has been growing
in recent years in Europe, the Americas, and Australia. It is, however,
still in its early stages of development in the Asian region. The
Department of Linguistics of The University of Hong Kong is deeply involved
in the study, analysis and description of languages of East, South and
Southeast Asia (ESSA). This includes larger, smaller and endangered
languages, as well as contact languages.

With this conference we want to focus on a documentary approach to
languages of the Asian region. We want to discuss and develop new
perspectives for the description and documentation of Asian languages and
uses of the resulting data and analyses. As part of our drive to develop
documentary linguistics at HKU, we will host a 4-day event: the first two
days will offer an intensive workshop in LDD training; the latter two days
will be dedicated to a symposium on documentary linguistics.

Guest Speakers:

Mr. L.W, Kit, Founder of the Dimen/Dong Eco-workshop, China
Dr. L. Lim, Founder and director of linguisticminorities.hk

We invite papers and/or posters on:

1) Documentation of minority languages of the ESSA region
2) Documentary and descriptive works of contact and endangered ecologies
worldwide
3) Theoretical and empirical advances in LDD
4) Applied documentation: language support, revitalization, pedagogy,
lexicography, app development etc.

Abstracts should be submitted in English and sent by 15 August 2015 using
the Easyabs System at http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/DLAP2016

Call Deadline: 15th August 2015
Notification of acceptance: October 1, 2015

--
Prof Peter K. Austin
Marit Rausing Chair in Field Linguistics

Homepage: http://www.hrelp.org/aboutus/staff/index.php?cd=pa
Academia: https://soas.academia.edu/PeterAustin
ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Peter_Austin2
ResearcherID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/P-5066-2014