[Lingtyp] ALT12 at ANU in Canberra

Jean-Christophe Verstraete jean-christophe.verstraete at arts.kuleuven.be
Tue Jun 30 08:53:18 UTC 2015

Here's a message from Nick Evans about ALT12, to be held at ANU in
Canberra. Mark the dates!

--

Dear Fellow Typologists

As you all prepare for the upcoming ALT in Albuquerque, we would like
you to start thinking ahead to ALT12, which will be hosted for the first
time in the Southern Hemisphere. We are delighted to have been chosen to
host ALT12 in Canberra, at the Australian National University, also the
home of the newly-established ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics
of Language (CoEDL).

To accommodate the different climatic and academic-scheduling calendar
of the southern hemisphere, ALT12 will be held in December, from 11-15
December (including associated workshops and language teach-ins on
Australian, Papuan and Austronesian languages). This will follow the
annual meeting of the Australian Linguistics Society to be hosted by the
University of Sydney the week before (4-8/12/2017), which we hope many
visitors from afar would also be interested in attending.

Please mark these dates in your diaries so those of you from parts of
the world where it is not so simple to get time off in mid-December can
plan well ahead so as to make it down to ALT12 for what we promise will
be a vibrant conference from a region of extraordinary linguistic
diversity and high levels of interest in typology. More detailed
announcements about ALT12 will follow in due course.

Nick Evans, Director, CoEDL, ANU