[Lingtyp] Junior Faculty Position (open field, tenure track), Yale University

Claire Bowern clairebowern at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:05:08 UTC 2015

The Department of Linguistics at Yale University is seeking to make a
tenure-track appointment at the level of Assistant or Associate
Professor (without tenure) to begin in Fall 2016. The area of
specialization is open and full consideration will be given to
candidates in all areas, but we are particularly interested in
candidates in phonetics/experimental phonology and
semantics/pragmatics. Special consideration will be given to
candidates whose scholarly interests complement and connect with those
of the current department faculty and other departments and research
units at Yale. Evidence of successful teaching at both the
undergraduate and graduate levels will also be taken into
consideration in making an appointment. Candidates should be assured
of completing the requirements for the Ph.D. by the summer of 2016 at
the latest.

Applications for this position should be submitted at the application
website below. The application will need to include a current CV, a
research statement outlining the candidate's research program,
evidence regarding teaching qualifications, and two or three
representative pieces of research. Applicants should also arrange for
three letters of reference to be submitted to this website. To ensure
full consideration, applications should be submitted by November 15,
2015. We expect to interview potential candidates at the annual
meeting of the Linguistic Society of America in Washington, DC in
January 2016 (though attendance at that meeting is not a requirement
for consideration).

Yale University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer,
and we especially encourage applications from women, persons with
disabilities, protected veterans, and underrepresented minorities.

Application Deadline:15-Nov-2015
Application URL:http://apply.interfolio.com/31809
Contact Information:Mr. Chris  McDaniel (christopher.mcdaniel at yale.edu)