[Lingtyp] Graduate Studies at Yale University

Claire Bowern clairebowern at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:21:17 UTC 2015

Please encourage your students to apply to our graduate program.

Yale's graduate program in Linguistics is now open for applications
for the PhD, to begin in August, 2016. Our nine faculty specialize in
a range of linguistic fields, including (but not limited to)
computational linguistics, language documentation, historical
linguistics, morphology, neurolinguistics, phonology, semantics, and
syntax. We focus on areas of linguistics that combine empirical
methods with linguistic theory.  Students are admitted to the
university with six years of funding (including stipend and tuition
remission) to pursue coursework and research in these areas. For
recent examples of faculty and student research activities, see
ling.yale.edu.

Applications close January 2, 2016 and are accepted through Yale's
online application system only. For more information about application
requirements and procedures, please visit
http://ling.yale.edu/academics/graduate-studies/graduate-admissions,
or contact Christopher McDaniel (christopher.mcdaniel at yale.edu) for
further information.

Yale University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
law.

---
Claire Bowern
Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies
Yale University, Department of Linguistics
370 Temple St
New Haven, CT 06511