[Lingtyp] agent nominalization

Raffaele Simone rsimone at os.uniroma3.it
Wed Jan 6 15:08:19 UTC 2016

Italian -one nouns are not properly agentive. What they properly describe is
a (relatively) permanent property. The -ino ones, on the other hand,
describe someone who X-es as a job, as a work, independently from his/her
qualities.
Best,
RS

=================
Università Roma Tre
via Ostiense 236
I-00146 Roma
Attività e pubblicazioni // Activity and publications
http://uniroma3.academia.edu/RaffaeleSimone
@raffaelesimone
Volumi recenti//Recent books: a. Nuovi fondamenti di linguistica,
McGraw-Hill Italia, Milano 2014
b. (con//with Francesca Masini, eds.) Word Classes. John Benjamins,
Amsterdam & Philadelphia 2014
hn Benjamins, Amsterdam & Philadelphia 2014
c. Come la democrazia fallisce, Garzanti, Milano 2015.