[Lingtyp] New book by Jan Anward

Jan Anward jan.anward at liu.se
Sun Jan 17 09:14:06 UTC 2016

Dear all,

Just published:

 Jan Anward:

(2015) Doing Language. (Studies in Language and Culture 26.) Linköping: LiU Electronic Press. ISSN 1403-2570. 143 s.

Abstract
In this book, I demonstrate how people in conversation (and other forms of communicative practices) on-line construct working, and re-usable, systems of linguistic resources, through turn-taking and a method of turn construction (recycling with différance), which together structure material at hand - syllables and intonation units - like a language.

Moreover, I explore a number of properties of such systems, in particular their character of embedded and dynamic systems, solidly entrenched in space, time, and social relations.

Available at:
http://liu.diva-portal.org/smash/record.jsf?pid=diva2%3A868508&dswid=webkitendfullscreen<http://liu.diva-portal.org/smash/record.jsf?pid=diva2:868508&dswid=webkitendfullscreen>