[Lingtyp] Five-year Research Fellowship in Linguistics, level B, LCRC, JCU

Alexandra Aikhenvald a.y.aikhenvald at live.com
Thu Jun 1 06:54:03 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues

We are pleased to be able to bring to your attention a Research Fellowship in Linguistics (commencing 1 January 2018), for five years in the first instance. The closing date is 16 July 2017.

The aim of this position is to enhance and expand Linguistics as a research strength within LCRC, JCU and world-wide. We attach our 2017 Bulletin, which gives a snap-shot of what we are doing at present.

This is a golden opportunity for an ambitious  young researcher to spread their wings and carry forward the banner of research excellence in linguistics, jointly with a thriving team of linguists, anthropologists and archaeologists. The appointee for this position will have an immense potential for further developing linguistics in  cooperation with us, and leading a vibrant and growing cohort of research students.

Could you spread the word among your friends and colleagues about this exciting opportunity?

The description of the position and the JCU application guide are attached.

The advertisement and the Application guide can be found at the  jobs at jcu website:  https://www.jcu.edu.au/careers-at-jcu/vacancies.

The applicants are invited to get in touch with one of us in the first place (Alexandra.Aikhenvald at jcu.edu.au<mailto:Alexandra.Aikhenvald at jcu.edu.au> is best).

Apologies for cross-posting - the more the merrier...

Best wishes

Alexandra (Sasha) Aikhenvald

R.M.W. (Bob) Dixon

Alexandra Y. Aikhenvald, PhD, DLitt, FQAAS, FAHA

Distinguished Professor and Australian Laureate Fellow

Director of the Language and Culture Research Centre

James Cook University

PO Box 6811, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia

mobile 0400 305315, office 61-7-42321117

fax 61-7-4232 1880

https://www.jcu.edu.au/college-of-arts-society-and-education/social-sciences/our-staff/college-of-arts,-society-and-education

http://www.aikhenvaldlinguistics.com/

http://research.jcu.edu.au/lcrc