[Lingtyp] WS Reported speech as a syntactic domain at ALT2017

Stef Spronck stef.spronck at kuleuven.be
Tue Mar 14 09:02:44 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues,

As one of the workshops<http://www.dynamicsoflanguage.edu.au/alt-conference-2017/workshops2/> during the ALT 2017 conference we will be organizing the session 'Reported speech as a syntactic domain: towards a typology of phenomena occurring in the context of constructions and expressions of reported speech and thought'.

The aim of the workshop is to identify and characterize a class of grammatical categories typically occurring in reported speech and thought (such as logophorics, or markers of mistaken belief), and to explore the boundaries of syntactic conventionality in reported speech and thought constructions. Please find the full workshop description in the attachment.

We invite abstracts on any aspect related to the workshop's theme. While we are mostly interested in fieldwork-based primary data analyses of reported speech and thought, we also invite sample-based typological studies.

Abstracts should be submitted through the ALT2017 website<http://www.dynamicsoflanguage.edu.au/alt-conference-2017/call-for-abstracts/> by the 31st of March. In order to maintain the coherence of the workshop contributors are encouraged to contact us individually or through the email address RS-ALT2017 at participationgrammar.net<mailto:RS-ALT2017 at participationgrammar.net>  prior to submitting.

We look forward to receiving your abstract!
Kind regards,

Tatiana Nikitina (tavnik at gmail.com<mailto:tavnik at gmail.com>) and Stef Spronck (stef.spronck at kuleuven.be<mailto:stef.spronck at kuleuven.be>)