[Lingtyp] query: declarative 'or' vs. interrogative 'or'

Caterina Mauri caterina.mauri at unibo.it
Thu May 25 08:28:28 UTC 2017

Dear Tianhua,

I have worked on this specific topic from a typological and from a diachronic perspective and found a number of languages having different 'ors' depending on the interrogative vs. declarative context.

You may find the typological findings in:
- Mauri, C. (2008) Coordination relations in the Languages of Europe and Beyond. Berlin, New York: Mouton de Gruyter (especially chapter 5 on disjunction).
- Mauri, C. (2008b) The irreality of alternatives: towards a typology of disjunction. Studies in Language 32/1: 22-55.

I hope you may find them useful for your research!

All the best,
Caterina

--
Prof.ssa Caterina Mauri
Università di Bologna - Dipartimento di Lingue, Letterature e Culture moderne

Email: caterina.mauri at unibo.it<mailto:caterina.mauri at unibo.it>
Homepage: https://www.unibo.it/sitoweb/caterina.mauri