[Lingtyp] Serial verb constructions in language dissolution - any references?

Alexandra Aikhenvald a.y.aikhenvald at live.com
Sun Nov 5 23:46:06 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues

I am now completing a typological study of serial verb constructions (which should be published next year). As in all my typological studies, I would like to include some information on child language acquisition of serial verbs and also on serial verbs in language dissolution - that is, aphasia, etc.

Thanks to my colleagues - especially Hannah Sarvasy, Ekaterina Protassova, and Ayhan Aksu-Koc, - I have got quite a few 'pointers' and references on how children acquire serial verbs (and multiverb constructions which are not serial verbs).

I haven't been able to locate anything much on serial verb constructions in language dissolution.

Would any of you be aware of such work - perhaps with regard to Chinese? Thai?

Best wishes

Sasha

Alexandra Y. Aikhenvald, PhD, DLitt, FAHA

Distinguished Professor and Australian Laureate Fellow

Director of the Language and Culture Research Centre

James Cook University

PO Box 6811, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia

http://www.jcu.edu.au/faess/JCUPRD_043649.html

mobile 0400 305315, office 61-7-40421117

fax 61-7-4042 1880  http://www.aikhenvaldlinguistics.com/

https://research.jcu.edu.au/researchatjcu/research/lcrc