[Lingtyp] wordhood: bonded vs. bound

Johanna NICHOLS johanna at berkeley.edu
Sat Nov 18 12:27:10 UTC 2017

Volker,

If there's a way to do this diplomatically, could you cite an example or
two of  "important publications by major authorities of the field where
these criteria are simply not applied"?   In linguistics we don't have as
much technical comment on publications as some other fields do, and maybe
we should.  In journals where I see technical comments sections those
comments are refereed, edited, brief, and focused on factual and
methodological matters, i.e. about empirical fundamentals and not debate on
theoretical frameworks.

If there's no way to do it diplomatically, never mind.

Johanna