[Lingtyp] Two doctoral and one post-doc position for computer-assisted language comparison at the MPI for the Science of Human History

Mattis List mattis.list at lingpy.org
Wed Nov 29 21:06:27 UTC 2017

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to announce three open positions in my research group on
computer-assisted language comparison (http://calc.digling.org), to
start on April 1, 2018 (or later, depending on negotiation), at the Max
Planck Institute for the Science of Human History, in Jena (Germany).

The positions are:

* two doctoral positions (TVL 13, 50%) for three years
* one post-doc positions (TVL 13, 100%) for two years (plus one year
after positive evaluation after the first year)

I will spare you the details, as you will find them in the two attached
PDFs. We also have a German version, please ask me for this, if you
prefer that. In general, we are looking for dedicated linguists, ideally
with some background in computing, but more importantly with the
willingness to learn more about computer-assisted approaches to language
comparison, with a specific focus on Sino-Tibetan languages.

Please feel free to forward this call to whomever you think might be
interested. It will soon also be announced on our project's website and
the website of our institute.

If you plan to apply, please make sure to follow the instructions, and
don't hesitate to ask me (also following the instructions, as this helps
me to organize requests and answer fast on emails).

All the best,

Mattis

--
Dr. Johann-Mattis List
Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History