[Lingtyp] terminology

Randy J. LaPolla randy.lapolla at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 03:31:18 UTC 2018

Hi All,
Sorry to be a bit late with this, but I was travelling and am just catching up.

I am attaching an article by Bar-Hillel from 1957. Aside from getting the feeling that “plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose”, the article, which also presents a two=way distinction in types of terms (see esp. §3), may be of use for those interested in these issues. It is from the point of view of a logician and strict empiricist.

Randy
-----
Randy J. LaPolla, PhD FAHA (羅仁地)
Professor of Linguistics and Chinese, School of Humanities
Nanyang Technological University
HSS-03-45, 14 Nanyang Drive | Singapore 637332
http://randylapolla.net/
Most recent book:
https://www.routledge.com/The-Sino-Tibetan-Languages-2nd-Edition/LaPolla-Thurgood/p/book/9781138783324