[Lingtyp] references for sociolinguistic approaches to variation in minority languages

Jorge Rosés Labrada jrosesla at ualberta.ca
Fri Jun 15 13:07:43 UTC 2018

Dear Michael,

In addition to Meyerhoff's and Standord's work, John Mansfield has done
some excellent work on Murrihnpatha.

   - 2015. Consonant lenition as a sociophonetic variable in Murrinh Patha
   (Australia).  *Language Variation and Change*  27: 203-225
   - Morphotactic variation, prosodic domains and the changing structure of
   the Murrinhpatha verb.  *Asia-Pacific Language Variation *1(2): 163-189

And both Stanford and John are also contributors the recent Special
Publication volume on variation in minority languages from the journal
*Language
Documentation & Conservation *(available here:
http://hdl.handle.net/10125/24754)*:*

   -
      - Kristine A. Hildebrandt, Carmen Jany & Wilson Silva (eds.). 2017.
      Documenting variation in endangered languages. *Special Publication
      13 Language Documentation & Conservation.*

Someone else who's been working in this area is Naomi Nagy of University of
Toronto; her personal website has an up-to-date list of publications:
http://individual.utoronto.ca/ngn/cv.htm#pubs

Best,
Jorge
-------------
Jorge Emilio Rosés Labrada
Assistant Professor, Indigenous Language Sustainability
Department of Linguistics
University of Alberta
Tel: (+1) 780-492-5698
jrosesla at ualberta.ca

*The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6
territory, **and respects the history, languages, and cultures of the First
Nations, Métis, Inuit, **and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence
continues to enrich our institution.*

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 7:12 AM, Dineke Schokkin <dineke.schokkin at anu.edu.au