[Lingtyp] Query: extended direct speech

Hedvig Skirgård hedvig.skirgard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 23:44:58 UTC 2019

Thank you Denis for your question, this is intriguing indeed. These kinds
of queries that stretch into pragmatics and methodology of comparing
natural speech patterns interest me a great deal.

Unfortunately, for many subscribers on this mailing list, when you change
the subject line (for example add "Re:") you may start a new "thread". This
means that the responses from Spronck, Birchall etc will lead to a
"forking" in some members inboxes, and possibly make it tricky to keep
track off.  I'll try nonetheless.

The LINGTYP mailing list archive deals with this and displays the thread as
I imagine the authors intended.  If anyone else is finding it hard to get
an overview of emails in this list, I can highly recommend checking out the
public archives as displayed in "thread" format.

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/lingtyp/2019-April/thread.html

Meilleurs sentiments,

*Hedvig Skirgård*

PhD Candidate

The Wellsprings of Linguistic Diversity

ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language

School of Culture, History, and Language
College of Asia and the Pacific

The Australian National University

Website <https://sites.google.com/site/hedvigskirgard/>

P.S. If you have multiple email addresses, I kindly ask you to just use one
with corresponding with me. Email threads and invites to get confusing
otherwise. I will only email you from my Gmail, even if other email
addresses re-direct emails to them to my Gmail (ANU etc).