[Lingtyp] words, bound forms, welded forms

bingfu Lu lubingfu at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 22:24:12 UTC 2019

Dear Martin,

I just wonder is there a term for bounded forms that attach to phrases instead of words. For example, English plural marker –(e)s attaches to nominal words. English third person singular marker –(e)s attaches to verbal words. But English possessive marker –’s attaches to nominal phrases, such as in the King of England’s daughter. I think the difference is very important in typology.

Best

Bingfu