[Lingtyp] body-location vs. event-location

Simon Devylder simon.devylder at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 09:13:58 UTC 2019

Dear Arnold,

This paper and references on the availability of argument structures,
alienable vs. inalienable possessions, and body representation may be of
interest to you: Devylder, S. (2017). Cutting and Breaking the Embodied
Self. CogniTextes [on line], Volume 16 | 2017.
http://journals.openedition.org/cognitextes/886.

In open access here: https://journals.openedition.org/cognitextes/886.

My colleagues and I are also finalizing two manuscripts on body
representation in French, Indonesian, and Japanese. For one of the studies
we used a stimuli that consisted of a series of people with (photoshopped)
injuries in various contexts that participants had to describe. The data we
collected may also be relevant to your interests and we'd happy to share
our data and results with you at some point.

All the best,

Simon

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 2:30 PM Arnold M. Zwicky <zwicky at stanford.edu>
wrote:

> (Were were you hurt? In the stomach / In a fitness club)
>
> this posting on my blog contains a note about the marking of these two
> concepts in the world's languages (with a suggestion that it might be
> related to inalienable vs. alienable possession). there is no doubt some
> literature on the matter, but i don't know it.  comments welcome.
>
> 2/27/19: Body-location, event-location:
> https://arnoldzwicky.org/2019/02/27/body-location-event-location/
>
> arnold

Simon Devylder

Researcher in Cognitive Semiotics, Lund University
Phenomenology and Typology of Motion (PATOM) project
<http://projekt.ht.lu.se/en/patom/>
International Cognitive Linguistics Association (ICLA), Secretary/Treasurer
http://www.cognitivelinguistics.org <http://www.cognitivelinguistics.org/en>
Little Stones Make Big Mountains, Founder/President
On-going campaign: un toit pour Paama
<https://www.helloasso.com/associations/little-stones/collectes/un-toit-pour-paama>