[Lingtyp] demonstratives - how (relatively) stable?

Mark Post mark.post at sydney.edu.au
Mon Mar 11 05:30:22 UTC 2019

Dear Listmembers,

I was wondering whether anyone might have up-to-date information (i.e. from a recent-ish study) concerning the relative stability of demonstratives (referential modifiers and/or pronouns), both in terms of language-internal replacement by a lexeme and in terms of language-external replacement by a loanword of the same category (though I'm more interested in the first one).

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Mark

Mark W. Post | Lecturer in Linguistics and 2019-2020 SOAR Fellow
The University of Sydney
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Room N367, John Woolley Building A20, Science Road | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006 | AUSTRALIA
+61 2 8627 6854 (ofc)  | +61 4 5527 0776 (mob)
mark.post at sydney.edu.au<mailto:mark.post at sydney.edu.au>  | sydney.edu.au<http://sydney.edu.au> | sydney.academia.edu/MarkWPost<http://sydney.academia.edu/MarkWPost>
Recent book: The Tangam Language: Grammar, Lexicon and Texts<https://brill.com/view/title/33671>
Training and Resources for Indigenous Community Linguists: website<https://sites.google.com/view/tricl/home>