[Lingtyp] Lingtyp Digest, Vol 54, Issue 24

David Beck dbeck at ualberta.ca
Fri Mar 29 16:27:35 UTC 2019

I haven’t seen the movie, which may be very entertaining, but it isn’t about a real language.  The synopsis here

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-i-dream-another-language-review-20170803-story.html <https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-i-dream-another-language-review-20170803-story.html>

makes it sound like fun, but not much like reality. I suppose if Avatar is inspirational for ecologists, something like this could be inspiring for linguists.

Just saying.

David

David Beck, Professor and Acting Chair
Department of Linguistics