[Lingtyp] Differential inalienable marking

Åshild Næss ashildn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 07:53:53 UTC 2019

Hi Laura,

Äiwoo (Oceanic) also has a handful of lexically conditioned inflectional
classes for directly possessed nouns. Compare e.g iso 'my mother' - isä
'his/her mother' vs ginou 'my son' - gino 'his/her son'. I'm still sorting
out the details of this, but happy to provide more information if it's of
interest.

Cheers,

Åshild