[Lingtyp] syntactic construction formula

Christian Lehmann christian.lehmann at uni-erfurt.de
Sun Dec 20 14:56:43 UTC 2020

Ad Martin's proposal:

If I have paired ID and LP rules, this device appears to be sufficient.
If not, then a notation like [NM, V, Adv] does not indicate that V here
has a fixed position, while NM and Adv may swap their position.

In order not to frustrate anybody, I should make it clearer that I had
in mind cases where there is some component C which may occur in
different places in a clause. Thus, I not only have XCY and XYC, but
also CXY and (adding some Z) possibly even more orderings, where XY(Z)
form a rather tight construction, but C may be positioned "anywhere".
This is the case of certain particles in Cabecar. What is a good
construction formula for such a particle? Or may be the combination of
the particle with the simpler construction is not even a "construction"?

E-Post: 	christianw_lehmann at arcor.de
Web: 	https://www.christianlehmann.eu