[Lingtyp] “Rear=North” in Mainland Northeast Asia

Jess Tauber tetrahedralpt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 15:08:03 UTC 2020

Yahgan (Tierra del Fuego) orients with east being 'in' (since huts were
built with their openings facing west) and west being 'out'. When on the
water (they led a pelagic lifestyle)  left was the port/larboard side of
the canoe. But iski 'back' was also the south side (as of a tree).

Jess Tauber

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>