[Lingtyp] PhD position in linguistic typology (singulatives) at the University of Helsinki

Nurmio, Silva M silva.nurmio at helsinki.fi
Wed Jan 15 10:00:17 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

The University of Helsinki is advertising a PhD-position in Linguistic Typology (deadline 17th February). I would be grateful if you could bring this to the attention of any suitable candidates you might know!

The successful candidate will work on the project ‘Individuation in the grammar: singulatives at the intersection of morphology and semantics’ which seeks to understand the formation, distribution, meaning and usage of singulatives (derived noun forms denoting ‘one’ or ‘a unit’) cross-linguistically. The ideal applicant is a highly motivated student with a background in linguistic typology, morphology, or a closely related field, and a completed MA-degree (or equivalent) by the start of the position. Preference will be given to candidates wishing to work on the singulative in African languages.

Here is the official advertisement and link to the application portal: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/open-positions/doctoral-candidate

Here is a longer description of the project: https://blogs.helsinki.fi/singulatives/

For any queries or suggestions, please reply to me off-list (silva.nurmio[at]helsinki.fi).

Best wishes,

Silva

Dr Silva Nurmio

Research Fellow