[Lingtyp] popular non-generative book

Siva Kalyan sivakalyan.princeton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 10:27:03 UTC 2020

One book that comes to mind is Cognitive Exploration of Language and Linguistics, by René Dirven and Marjolijn Verspoor (https://benjamins.com/catalog/clip.1 <https://benjamins.com/catalog/clip.1>). In fact, I'm not aware of any other book that is both from a cognitive/functional viewpoint and covers all the major topics in an introductory linguistics course (especially phonetics and phonology).

The choices expand if you have the option of assigning multiple books.

Siva