[Lingtyp] Call for papers: IX Syntax of the World’s Languages conference (Lima, Peru)

Roberto Daniel Zariquiey Biondi rzariquiey at pucp.edu.pe
Fri Jan 24 14:14:11 UTC 2020

*** Apologies for cross-posting ***

We take this opportunity to share with you some of the conference details (*for more information about the conference, please visit our website: http://congreso.pucp.edu.pe/syntax/ <http://congreso.pucp.edu.pe/syntax/>)*.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Lima!

Roberto Zariquiey

_______________
The ninth Syntax of the World’s Languages conference will take place in Lima, Peru, September 3–5, 2020, at the Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Peru (PUCP). We welcome submissions for 20 minute talks, which will be followed by 10 minutes of discussion. Contributions are expected to be based on first-hand data of individual languages or to adopt a broadly comparative perspective. All theoretical frameworks are equally welcome. Papers that adopt a diachronic or comparative perspective are also welcome, as are papers dealing with morphological or semantic issues, as long as syntactic issues also play a role.

Anonymous abstracts in .pdf format of no more than 1 page (plus possibly an additional page for examples and references) should be submitted electronically via the EasyAbs website (http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/SWL9-2020 <http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/SWL9-2020>). Abstracts must be written in English, with fully glossed examples conforming to the Leipzig glossing rules. Please romanize all Asian texts, and do not use Asian character fonts unless absolutely required. The conference will be held in English.

Each individual may submit up to one single authored contribution and one co-authored/joint contribution. We will also offer slots for posters, if you would like your paper to be considered for a poster slot, please indicate so during your submission.

The dealine for abstract submission has been extended to February 21, 2020.

Applicants will be notified of acceptance by March 30, 2020.

Invited Speakers

Marianne Mithun, University of California at Santa Barbara

Nicholas Evans, Australian National University

General Information: PUCP is located in Lima, the capital city of Peru and the country’s main point of entrance with connections to all touristic places and major cities around. PUCP’s main campus is close to the Pacific Ocean, restaurants, hotels, museums and other facilities, and enjoys easy taxi and bus access to the local airport and all districts in Lima.

For further information, contact the conference organizers at swl9.conference at gmail.com <mailto:swl9.conference at gmail.com>

We look forward to meeting you in Lima!

Best regards,

The Organizing Committee