[Lingtyp] (no subject)

Christian Lehmann christian.lehmann at uni-erfurt.de
Sat May 30 13:45:02 UTC 2020

Dear Sergey,

I understand there are at least two distinct problems there:

 1. How is the process which produces your Akzentkomposita to be
 2. Once we know the type of grammatical boundary separating/joining the
    two components in a unit, what is the standard boundary symbol for it?

Ad 1: From the examples that you provide, it does not appear that it is 
a kind of compounding. (Consequently, I would not call the products 
X-komposita, no matter what X is.) Still from your examples, it would 
appear that the process is (some kind of) clisis. I take the liberty of 
sending the link to my most recent article (just accepted for 
publication), devoted to exactly this kind of problem:


Ad 2: If it is clisis, the = symbol you are using is standard. If it 
were compounding, you would use the + symbol. If it is a new kind of 
process, with a new kind of grammatical boundary, we would have to 
deploy another symbol. There are plenty of as yet unused symbols around; 
how about ⧧ (Unicode 29e7) ?




Prof. em. Dr. Christian Lehmann
Rudolfstr. 4
99092 Erfurt

Tel.: 	+49/361/2113417
E-Post: 	christianw_lehmann at arcor.de
Web: 	https://www.christianlehmann.eu

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/lingtyp/attachments/20200530/a5242d53/attachment.htm>

More information about the Lingtyp mailing list