[Lingtyp] Epistemic possibility plus affective evaluation?

TALLMAN Adam Adam.TALLMAN at cnrs.fr
Tue Oct 20 13:05:30 UTC 2020

In Chacobo it seems that there are two candidates for combination of epistemic + effective meanings

tia - possibility and/or negative evaluation

rɨ - regretative translated as "What I shame that I didn't do X in order to avoid Y" where Y is what is expressed

Descriptions can be found in Ch. 13 of my thesis

https://www.academia.edu/37280176/A_Grammar_of_Ch%C3%A1cobo_a_southern_Pano_language_of_the_northern_Bolivian_Amazon_PhD_thesis_The_University_of_Texas_at_Austin_2018_1422_pages_

best,

Adam

Adam James Ross Tallman (PhD, UT Austin)
ELDP-SOAS -- Postdoctorant
CNRS -- Dynamique Du Langage (UMR 5596)
Bureau 207, 14 av. Berthelot, Lyon (07)
Numero celular en bolivia: +59163116867