[Lingtyp] "na/nan" in Turkish

Marcel Erdal merdal4 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 16:42:56 UTC 2020

Dear Raheleh,
In *Ahmad inan gediram* 'I am going with Ahmad' the proper name *Ahmad *is
governed by the postposition inan, which corresponds to the postposition *ile
*~ *yle *~ *le *~ *la *in Turkish, and often also becomes *ilen*, *len*, *lan
*and (after *n*) also *nen *and *nan*. It is used in some shape or other in
practically all Turkic languages. It comes from the adverb and
postposition *birlä
*'together (with)' plus the instrumental case suffix *-(I)n*.
Marcel