[Lingtyp] addressing the daughter as Mummy

Jess Tauber tetrahedralpt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:00:39 UTC 2020

Dunno if thie is relevant, but here goes. In the 2005 movie version of War
of the Worlds, the main character (a 30-ish divorced father of two children
who have just been dropped off at his place by their pregnant, remarried
mother), who doesn't get along with his teenage son, is given advice by
their 10 year old daughter 'That's not how you're gonna get through to
him'. The father replies to her, somewhat sarcastically: 'Who are you, your
mother, or MINE?'

Jess Tauber