[Lingtyp] AILLA Launches Free Online Course on Archiving

Kung, Susan S skung at austin.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 9 16:32:17 UTC 2020

The Archive of the Indigenous Languages of Latin America (AILLA) is delighted to announce the launch of a free online course called Archiving for the Future: Simple Steps for Archiving Language Documentation Collections, available at https://archivingforthefuture.teachable.com/. The course is a resource to aid people of all backgrounds in organizing born-digital and digitized language materials and data for deposit into any digital repository (not just AILLA) for long-term preservation and accessibility.

The course material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. BCS-1653380. The course is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. At the moment, the course is available only in English; next steps are to translate the curriculum into Spanish and Portuguese to make it more accessible to AILLA’s Latin American audience. We invite translation into other languages as well; for this reason, we chose the CC BY-SA 4.0 license.

Read the full press release in English here: https://texlibris.lib.utexas.edu/2020/09/08/archiving-for-the-future-ailla-launches-free-online-course/

Access the course here: https://archivingforthefuture.teachable.com/.

Please send any feedback on the course to ailla at ailla.utexas.org<mailto:ailla at ailla.utexas.org> or directly to Susan Kung at skung at austin.utexas.edu<mailto:skung at austin.utexas.edu>.

SUSAN KUNG, PhD, Archive Manager, Archive of the Indigenous Languages of Latin America (AILLA) ailla.utexas.org<https://www.ailla.utexas.org/>