[Lingtyp] spatial deictic markers on 1st person verbs

Sergey Loesov sergeloesov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 12:51:23 UTC 2021

Dear all,

What do we know, cross-linguistically, about spatial deictic markers on
verbs of going/coming used in the first person, probably depending on the
relationship between the utterance time and the event time?

Thus, ‘I came/went here/there’ and ‘I shall come/go here/there’; ‘I arrived
there (but I am longer there at the speech time)’, etc.

I am interested in the eventual contrasts in the encoding of the direction
of the speaker’s motion depending on this kind of variables.

 I am thinking in the first place about communication of the speaker with
an addressee (including written messages), not about narratives.

Thank you very much,

Sergey