[Lingtyp] Double marking of the goal argument

Peter Bakker linpb at cc.au.dk
Mon Aug 23 17:16:53 UTC 2021

This is sometimes found in languages that shift from a case system to a prepositional system, often because of language contact, and it could be transitional. It happened in a number of Romani dialects, and also elsewhere. Nit only with motion verbs, by the way. I have the impression that this is what happened with Persian as well. When I get home, I can find you some references.

Peter Bakker