[Lingtyp] Double marking of the goal argument

Irina Nikolaeva in3 at soas.ac.uk
Mon Aug 23 20:29:16 UTC 2021

Dear Farhad,

I am not sure the function or RA here is to mark the goal argument per se
(hence no double marking). RA can occur on a variety of grammatical
functions, and many people have argued that its function is to mark
specificity/topicality/identifiability or the like.

Best,
Irina

Prof. Irina Nikolaeva, FBA, MAE

https://www.soas.ac.uk/staff/staff31522.php