[Lingtyp] To include xenophones or not

Volker Gast volker.gast at uni-jena.de
Mon Dec 6 10:12:09 UTC 2021

Sorry, I meant "Occurrences of /ʒ/ in medial position could be explained
via some phonological rule ..."

I'd be interested in any counter examples to my claim that medial /ʒ/ is
only found before unstressed syllables. Note that I refer to standard
British English here. I know that there are varieties of English where
you say something like [prəʒu:m].

Best,
Volker