[Lingtyp] "clitics": recent historical origins

Anna Alexandrova anna.alexandrova at uniroma1.it
Wed Dec 8 15:29:38 UTC 2021

I feel like we tend to overstate the role of the one-to-one correspondence
in the terminology used by sciences. Just a random example: in mathematics,
the falling factorial is also called lower factorial, descending factorial,
and falling sequential product. Some mathematicians don't even know that it
is called this way. It is not really important. I'm not sure that it is the
totally unified terminology that makes a research domain more scientific.
ᐧ