[Lingtyp] "clitics": recent historical origins

Jess Tauber tetrahedralpt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 15:46:07 UTC 2021

I dunno- the rise of a standard chemical terminology by the International
Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) streamlined communication
within that field, which prior to this was plagued by large numbers of
terms by different workers for the same phenomena. Similar, I think, to the
unifying effect of the adoption of the Metric System after the French
Revolution.

Jess Tauber

Virus-free.
www.avg.com