[Lingtyp] Term for “non-pronominal anaphora"

paolo Ramat paolo.ramat at unipv.it
Thu Jun 3 10:00:17 UTC 2021

Hi All,
resuming in a rather scholastic way what has been said thus far about
Reference:
we have Exophoric  Refer. when the reference is to the general speech
situation (=not  intratextual) or Endophoric (=intratextual) Refer.: see
Randy's mail of June 1st. Endophor. Refer. can be anaphoric  (looking
backward) or cataphoric (looking forward).  As Mira Ariel correctly
underlines, Reference  concerns  language use and not its form.
Consequently, Christian's suggestion to Martin about   'endophora' is
correct .
 Am I missing something ?
Best
Paolo

prof. dr. Paolo Ramat
 Università di Pavia (retired)
Istituto Universitario Studi Superiori (IUSS Pavia) (retired)
Accademia dei Lincei, Socio corrispondente
'Academia Europaea'
'Societas Linguistica Europaea', Honorary Member
piazzetta Arduino 11 - I 27100 Pavia
##39 0382 27027
347 044 98 44